Meetcha Live blog spoke of divorce is captivating earlier in the month (see: you have captured the divorce bug?) but I hear more about ' taking a break ' than anything else these days. The problem is, most people don't know what it really means taking a break, leading to heartache more than I have time to counsel.
A reader summed it nicely for me the other day: "take a break means not cutting ties with each other, but defers report temporarily to see where things are."I like the definition, different from ' see where things are a bit, because its vague and does not list the specifications.
For me, taking a break means taking a step back from a relationship that does not meet the needs of the partner of one or both and review how the report shall be presented alive their image over the long term. Its about re-evaluating or redefining the relationship without the stress of the relationship itself.
The problem with ' taking a break ' is that few people actually define what it means for their relationship.Means one or both of you can see other people, or don't want to muddy the waters with more? May contact other (like texting), or really takes a break from the interaction at all levels? When they finally break, and will be as one of you knows? What outcome (s) are either one or both of you hoping to take a break, and both sides know?
The only book I read that addresses this touchy subject is one I mentioned briefly earlier this month: don't break Up, Make Up by Dr. Bonnie Weil (Buy Direct).In it, Weil suggests that you should couples take a break to save their relationship, and outlines specific requirements to ensure your needs are met.For those of you currently taking a break, I highly recommend it.
But what about you? have you ever taken a break? why? what happened? was successful, or worth to you? why or why not?
Related: take a break, what not dating to do after a Breakup, can you break up to make up?
No comments:
Post a Comment