Currently I'm reading a fascinating book yet disturbing called, "Love + sex with robots: the Evolution of human-robot relationships," by David Levy (Buy Direct). In it, Levy discusses in great detail, where industry Robotics started as well where is now and where (he believes) will be in about 40 years. I cannot do justice to its introduction, so that you will mention my favorite bits so far to explain:
"robot will be extremely attractive to humans as companions because of their many talents, the senses and functionality. Have the capacity to fall in love with humans and become sexually desirable and romantically attractive to humans. Robots will transform the human concepts of love and sexuality. "
Before picking up the book, not robot love they also gave a second thought. But now, some chapters and I am learning more about current robotic applications in our everyday world-like robotic therapists with an unusually high success rate with help people depressed. How do I make my way through it, don't be surprised if I share more thoughts and interesting tidbits, but meanwhile, I'm curious: do you think the robot will also replace some of our needs to report in the next 40 years?Do you think people will be given robot, fall in love, get married and live happily ever after? why or why not?
Related: technology-based dating sites, strange love.
No comments:
Post a Comment