Friday, 8 October 2010

Dating an alcoholic Is a good idea?

Lindsay asks: "I just met this guy who looks perfect on paper. Four dates in what looked like a fairy tale and told me that he is a recovering alcoholic. He goes to AA meetings every week and it is said that he hasn't had a drop to drink in three years. I don't want to throw something incredible distance ... he really seems perfect. But I'm not sure I want to be involved with an alcoholic, although it admitted. Help? "

In a nutshell: I think that depends on your situation. Note that say your situation and not the man who is dating. Why? Why is the only person that can inspect or modify. I do not know your story, nor I are aware if you or another Member of the family has always struggled with an addiction. But many, many people who were raised in families where alcohol was a problem are that they are attracted by alcoholics in their romantic relationships. Or, they attract people where alcohol (or abuse, drugs, narcotics) are issues. Now this is not always the case, and also I'm not saying that this is all your fault.Its not. but it is something to think about, be aware and take action if a theme in your life.

Dating someone with all manner of illness is not easy, but the first step is the same – educating yourself. learn all that you can see how alcoholism date may affect you and seek support preemptive for when it does. Give it a couple of weeks or even months to determine if you're having an alcoholic is something you can do, or if you own a deal breaker for you.

What say you, dear readers?Would date an alcoholic? do you have?Are you an alcoholic? what factors should consider Lindsay, and what would you recommend?

Related: why do I need to do? he is the alcohol!, al-anon, Detachment.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment